Cloudso.me's overriding objective is to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect while operating our websites and servicing your needs.
Information We Collect
- Account Information: We ask for basic information from you in order to set up your account. For example, we require individuals who sign up on cloudso.me to provide a full name, email address, password and that's it. If you sign up for a paid plan, your payment information, such as name on card, card number, cvv, expiration date and billing zip code is stored at a PCI compliant third party.
- Host Information: Depending on the Services you use, you may provide us with credentials for your website (like SSH, FTP, and SFTP username and password).
- Communications With Us: You may provide us information when you respond to surveys or communicate with our team about a support question.
- Log Information: we collect information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, IP address, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information. We collect log information when you use our Services. For example, when you create or make changes to your account.
- Location Information: We may determine the approximate location of your device from your IP address. We collect and use this information to, for example, calculate how many people visit our Services from certain geographic regions.
Use of Information
We use collected information mentioned above for the following purposes:
- To provide our Services. For example, to set up and maintain your account or charge you for any of our paid Services.
- To further develop and improve our Services. For example by adding new features that we think our users will enjoy or will help them to create and manage their monitors more efficiently.
- To monitor and analyze trends and better understand how users interact with our Services, which helps us improve our Services and make them easier to use.
- To measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our advertising, and better understand user retention and attrition. For example, we may analyze how many individuals purchased a plan after receiving a marketing message or the features used by those who continue to use our Services after a certain length of time.
- To monitor and prevent any problems with our Services, protect the security of our Services, detect and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, fight spam, and protect the rights and property of Cloudso.me and others, which may result in our declining a transaction or denying access to our Services.
- To communicate with you, for example through an email, about offers and promotions offered by Cloudso.me and others we think will be of interest to you, solicit your feedback, or keep you up to date on Cloudso.me and our products.
- To personalize your experience using our Services, provide content recommendations, target our marketing messages to groups of our users (for example, those who have a particular plan with us or have been our user for a certain length of time), and serve relevant advertisements.
For residents of the European Union. Our legal grounds for processing information about you under EU data protection laws is based upon:
(1) The use is necessary in order to fulfill our commitments to you under our Terms of Service or other agreements with you or is necessary to administer your account. For example, in order to enable access to our website on your device or charge you for a paid plan; or
(2) The use is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation; or
(3) The use is necessary in order to protect your vital interests or those of another person; or
(4) We have a legitimate interest in using your information. For example, to provide and update our Services, to improve our Services so that we can offer you an even better user experience, to safeguard our Services, to communicate with you, to measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our advertising, and better understand user retention and attrition, to monitor and prevent any problems with our Services, and to personalize your experience; or
(5) You have given us your consent. For example before we place certain cookies on your device and access and analyze them later on.
Sharing of Information
Under no circumstances do we sell our users' private information to third parties.
We share information about you in the limited instances outlined below and with appropriate safeguards as it pertains to your privacy:
- Third Party Vendors: We may share information about you with third party vendors who need to know information about you in order to provide their services to us, or to provide their services to you. This group includes vendors that help us provide our Services to you (like payment providers that process your credit and debit card information, fraud prevention services that allow us to analyze fraudulent payment transactions, SMS and email delivery services that help us stay in touch with you), those that assist us with our marketing efforts (e.g. by providing tools for identifying a specific marketing target group or improving our marketing campaigns), those that help us understand and enhance our Services (like analytics providers) who may need information about you in order to, for example, provide technical or other support services to you. We require vendors to agree to privacy commitments in order to share information with them. These vendors are listed in the "List of service providers" section below.
- Legal Requests: We may disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request.
- To Protect Rights, Property, and Others: We may disclose information about you when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Cloudso.me, third parties, or the public at large. For example, if we have a good faith belief that there is an imminent danger of death or serious physical injury, we may disclose information related to the emergency without delay.
- With Your Consent: We may share and disclose information with your consent or at your direction. For example, we may share your information with third parties with which you authorize us to do so, such as the social media services that you connect to our site.
You have certain rights available when it comes to information about you:
- Limit the Information that You Provide: If you have an account with us, you can choose not to provide the optional account information, profile information, and transaction and billing information. Please keep in mind that if you do not provide this information, certain features of our Services may not be accessible.
- Opt-Out of Electronic Communications: You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from us. Just follow the instructions in those messages. If you opt out of promotional messages, we may still send you other messages, like those about your account, monitoring alerts and legal notices.
- Set Your Browser to Reject Cookies: At this time, Cloudso.me does not respond to "do not track" signals across all of our Services. However, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies before using our website, with the drawback that certain features of our website may not function properly without the aid of cookies.
- Close Your Account: If you no longer want to use our Services, you can close your Cloudso.me account. Please keep in mind that we may continue to retain your information after closing your account, as described in Information We Collect above. For example, when that information is reasonably needed to comply with (or demonstrate our compliance with) legal obligations such as law enforcement requests, or reasonably needed for our legitimate business interests.
If you are located in certain countries, including those that fall under the scope of the European General Data Protection Regulation (AKA the "GDPR"), data protection laws give you rights with respect to your personal data, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the rights to:
- Request access to your personal data.
- Request correction or deletion of your personal data.
- Object to our use and processing of your personal data.
- Request that we limit our use and processing of your personal data.
- Request portability of your personal data.
You can usually access, correct, or delete your personal data using your account settings and tools that we offer, but if you aren't able to do that, or you would like to contact us about one of the other rights, you can contact us at [email protected] or: 410 N Scottsdale Rd, Ste 900, Tempe, AZ 85281
List of service providers
Cloudso.me uses the following products/services (which are all GDPR and CCPA compliant):
- Amazon Web Services: for sending monitoring requests and storing data.
- Stripe: for credit card payments.
- Google Analytics: for analyzing the browsing behavior of our users and visitors.
- Google Ads: for displaying relevant ads.
- Facebook Ads: for displaying relevant ads.